Experts in parallel and high-performance computing areas related to or benefiting from MPI are invited to share their expertise with the broader MPI community by submitting proposals for workshops and tutorials to be co-located with the EuroMPI 2018 conference that will be held on September 23-26, 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. The EuroMPI 2018 workshop program will provide an opportunity for researchers to present preliminary, new work and work that can complement and extend the topics covered by EuroMPI 2018 and, thus, will give attendees access to the latest work in progress in the fields. The EuroMPI tutorial program will provide an opportunity to present from introductory to advanced courses on topics related to the conference. EuroMPI 2018 invites proposals for workshops and tutorials on the broadest possible range of topics related to, complementing or challenging the message-passing paradigm in general and MPI in particular. The EuroMPI 2018 workshops and tutorials will all take place on September 23, 2018.
Workshops and tutorials on all areas with a relation to MPI, its usage or implementation, or complementary or challenging to the MPI paradigm are invited. Workshops can also consider the presentation of work in an early stage. Possible topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of MPI in new and unconventional applications.
- Paradigms and application areas that challenge the message-passing model.
- New message-passing models.
- Different high-performance programming models and interfaces like PGAS, streaming models, etc.
- Irregular and non-numerical applications on large-scale systems.
- New applications areas.
- Use of accelerators in applications and programming interfaces.
- Large-scale scientific simulation.
- Support of MPI to hardware heterogeneity.
- Performance analysis of MPI and associated programming models.
Workshop contributions can be included in the ACM conference proceedings.
Proposals are limited to an up to 3 pages description that should include the following:
- A title, an abstract (400 words maximum), and a syllabus.
- Discussion of the topic's relevance, suitability to EuroMPI, and workshop / tutorial goals.
- A description of the target audience.
- An indication of half-day or full-day duration.
- If applicable, details on previous instantiations of the workshop or tutorial, including attendance numbers.
- For tutorials, indicate and outline of the agenda.
- For tutorials, indicate if hands-on session will be included.
In addition to the 3 pages description, please include the following:
- A brief biographical sketch of each workshop organizer or tutorial presenters (at most 1 page per organizer). For tutorials presenters, indicate previous experience in tutorial or training events.
Workshop and tutorial proposals will be evaluated as they are received. Decisions will be made based on the proposal content and its relationship to any other workshop and tutorial proposals that have been accepted or received at the time the proposal is received. Since this policy may result in the workshop and tutorial program being completed early, EuroMPI 2018 reserves the right to close workshop submissions prior to the date listed below.
A single pdf file with all the material described above should be sent to the email@example.com with the subject "Tutorial/Workshop proposal."
Workshops should suggest their own submission deadlines, but the camera-ready deadline for accepted contributions should follow the camera-ready deadline for the main conference, in order to guarantee inclusion of workshop papers in the ACM proceedings. Workshop organizers will themselves be responsible for managing submission and review process.
Length of the workshops can be adapted to the number of papers accepted and the organizer may cancel the workshop in case of low number of submissions accepted.
EuroMPI 2018 will consider increasing the time allocated to a workshop if space is available.
EuroMPI 2018 will provide free conference registration for one keynote speaker to workshops that accept ten or more papers. The free registration cannot be used by a workshop organizer, even if the organizer presents a keynote. EuroMPI 2018 will provide a free conference registration per full-day tutorial (one presenter).
Workshop and tutorial submission cut-off deadline:
January 15, 2018 January 22, 2018
EuroMPI 2018 Workshops and Tutorials Chair
Rosa M Badia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center