EuroMPI is the preeminent meeting for users, developers and researchers to interact and discuss new developments and applications of message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI).
EuroMPI/USA 2018 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, poster presentations and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming paradigms.
We invite paper submissions on all topics related to MPI. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation Issues
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale computing, such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in particular new high-performance architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
- Programming Models
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical programming and global address spaces
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
- Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- MPI applications performance on clouds.
Full paper submission due:
May 1, 2018 May 22, 2018, Anywhere on Earth (Firm Deadline)
Authors notification: June 26, 2018
Camera-ready papers due: August 6, 2018
Conference dates: September 23 - 26, 2018
To be considered, your paper must be formatted according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template and up to 10 pages in length (shorter papers are welcome).
The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does not include references, for which there is no page limit. Margins and font sizes should not be modified. Authors should submit their work through the Euro MPI 2018 Submission Site.
The accepted papers from this conference will be published in the conference proceedings by ACM-ICPS.
Journal Special Issue
Select papers will be invited to submit revised and extended versions to be considered for inclusion in an invitation-only special issue of the Elsevier Parallel Computing journal. The extended version of the paper must have at least 30% additional content compared to the version published at EuroMPI/USA 2018.