We are soliciting poster submissions for EuroMPI 2018 from users, developers and researchers concerning their work in message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI).
The posters session is an excellent opportunity to engage the community to discuss new ideas and latest results that aren't necessarily ready to be full papers. We are interested in posters that cover the topics of interest of the EuroMPI 2018 conference.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation Issues
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale computing, such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in particular new high-performance architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
- Programming Models
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical programming and global address spaces
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
- Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- MPI applications performance on clouds.
Posters submissions due date:
July 9, 2018 July 23, 2018
Posters author notification date:
August 4, 2018 August 11, 2018
Conference dates: September 23-26, 2018
Poster session: September 24, 2018
Poster submissions should be submitted to the Euro MPI 2018 Submission Site and will consist of:
- A short abstract (175 word maximum).
- An extended abstract (2 pages maximum, including figures and references, and formatted according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template).
- A poster draft. Note that complete results are not necessary. It is acceptable to have placeholders for last-minute results.
The extended abstracts and posters will NOT be published in the conference proceedings by ACM-ICPS. In case of acceptance and if the authors agree, they will be published on the EuroMPI'18 poster web page.
EuroMPI/USA 2018 Posters Chair
Sadaf R Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
EuroMPI/USA 2018 Posters Committee
The full list of the Posters Committee can be found here.